ok, so this my sound stupid, but i am really scared for this 12-12-12 thing to happen. i want to sleep w my kids that night and have a feeling i will not be sleeping at all. what are your feelings on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Actually it's 12-21-12... so you'd be missing sleep on the wrong night!

Personally I don't even think that the Mayans believed it was the literal end of the world... It's something that has become ingrained in pop culture just like Y2K. But I say go for it, spend a fun night with your kids, and give them extra hugs and kisses when you all wake up in the morning.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well, I'm a Christian and it says in the Bible that no man knows the time of God's return to earth, so I'm not concerned at all.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My feelings are that the sun will again rise on 12-13-2012 and life will go on!

Seriously, what are you going to do about it if it were really the end of the world? You can't stop it from happening! Nor can you stop what happens in your everyday life! What's to say you don't get in a fatal accident on your way to the grocery store or become terminally ill? There are no guarantees in life, which is why you should make the most of every day you DO have!

I just watched a "Doomsday" show on National Geographic last night, that depicted all of the doomsday scenarios since the Roman Empire, none of which came true! Why do people WANT or EXPECT the world to end? Why are they not enjoying the time they DO have on this planet?! We're all going to die some day...that's a guarantee...when that happens is not necessarily in our hands!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't even think about it, there has been to may false alarms. I think that you are being extremely foolish worrying about it.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Its 12-21-12. It's kinda funny,you'll be all freaked out on that day and the world will end 9 days later!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• haha anon, funny! Isnt this kinda like y2k? All the hype and then... nothing? I say enjoy the night with your kids, play games and eat smores. At least they will have a fun night with Mommy and then in the morning when the sun comes up you can all have blueberry pancakes together!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i agree with what everyone is saying but i have 2 boys and sometimes ( esp when the movie came out) i get anxiety about it...i think ur main concern is that if something happens it will be out of ur control to prottect ur children...and i think it would be with anything..as mothers are main priority is to protect our children and when something seemingly looms on the horizon where we wouldnt be able to do that it panics us... i dont think ur ridiciulous..theres alot of hype and you know what if that night u have ur kids in ur bed and nothing happens that doesnt make a difference and noibody even has to know...jsut as long as ur living life day to day now and not letting get it in the way of doing things today ure ok
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Every year this happens....10-10-10.....11-11-11.....12-12-12....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I remember when the world was supposed to end in the 80's, and again, how the world as we know it was supposed to come to a crashing halt when it became the year 2000. There isn't anything to worry about. The root to the hysteria over 12-12-12 is because that's when the Mayan calendar ends. But honestly - the reason it ends on that day is because it was the end of an astronomy cycle, as well as basically, what boils down to the end of a century for them. Even the Mayans are saying that this is NOT the end of the world - here's a link to an interview with a Mayan elder that talks about it.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It is a year and a half away,,, if they don't get that oil stopped,, we won't even be here then,,LOL--I think there are WAY more important things to stress on!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2010