OMG hair dye gone VERY wrong lol. Help please?

So I tried going back to my natural color and because my roots were showing some (ok a lot more than I originally thought lol) my hair is two drastically different colors right now. My roots are bright blonde (because I guess about an inch and a half of my natural blond was showing) and the rest is a really dark blonde because my hair was a light to medium brown. Now I really don't know what to do lol. My hair isn't really a color that I could just go out and buy a root touch up and color them with it and it would all be one shade, so I really need some help lol. I know I still have a box of black dye and now I wish I'd listened to my friend who told me to stay darker because it looks so much better anyway. Any advice? Thanks sooo much!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've tried to lighten my hair which also was a medium color. And yes the coloring can come out just as you are saying when trying to make the change. You can try making your hair darker again to cover up the inconsitencies in your color because it didn't come out right. Or better yet, why not give a salon a call and see if they can give you some ideas of how to correct the coloring of your hair without having to spend a whole lot of money doing so. They may have some really good tips. for you.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• id stop messing with ur hair right now bc of all the product u put in it might fall out.. id head right to a professional and see what they can do about it... good luck!!
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OP: I just used one box of dye on it. It's not like I had it permed or straightened or several boxes or anything. I had a mess up happen a few years ago (it was with red that washed out almost completely after one wash, though) and called my stylist and he told me I could either pay $65 for him to fix it, or I could go buy a different brand of dye and just deep condition it a couple times a week.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:33 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OP: Wow my internet's being slow. There weren't any answers when I started to post that. Also meant to add in that comment that it was that Herbal Essence temporary dye.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:46 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Hi professional hairstylis here,,, if you are still on make me your friend and we can chat about how to fix, this,, I need to know EXACTLY what you used okay?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Okay temproary dye would not have lifted the roots,, so it has to have some lifting power in it,, is the part that was dyed before muddy looking? Are you yellow blonde or orange blonde?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• There's a product called Color Oops. I haven't tried it but a few of my friends swear by it. It takes all the color out. It will leave your hair stripped, so use a lot of conditioner, but it should all be one color again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It was a temporary dye, but my roots are dark blonde anyway and this color was apparently ever so slightly lighter than my roots so they're noticeably blonde, but the rest is about the color that my roots were. Basically my roots are just shy of the color they were supposed to be, but the rest just didn't take well I guess. Blonde dye seems to hate my hair, anyway. Always had problems going blonde. Last few times I had to bleach it even if it was just dark blonde. Will it hurt to put a dark color on it?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2010