problems with my prenatals..

I'm having a lot of problems with my prenatals. The iron in them really clogs me up if you know what i mean. i was wondering if they make prenatals without iron? Could i replace my prenatals with just folic acid pills and a regular vitamin?

kalimom95

Asked by kalimom95 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• all prenatals have iron in the them they help bc the baby takes alot of it away from u... i wouldnt recommend switching altough check with ur ob .. my dh is a pharm. and i had the same problem and i tool stool softeners which are safe during pregnancy and tried to eat fiber rich foods but def talk to ur ob about switching to any alternatives before u do
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You need the iron so opting out of that is not a good idea. I was in the same situation when I was pregnant. My docs told me to take stool softeners but they bothered my stomach and really didn't work that well anyway. Eat fiber-rich foods, maybe have a cup of coffee in the morning (if OK with your doc) since it works as diuretic/laxative, and drink plenty of water. Magnesium works great for constipation but check with your doctor first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• They make prenatals with stool softeners in them now. Ask your OB. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• lots of women just take flinstones or cars gummy vitamins cause they are the same thing as prenatals. i never took prenatals cause some of the vitamins in them were too heavy on me so i had to take childrens vitamins. i highly suggest the cars gummy vitamins with a very low iron supliment on the side cause if you're getting too much iron thats not healthy. also the kids vitamins are a lot cheaper.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• wow...I remember a time when taking a tablet during pregnancy was a huge no no...now its a must. What ever happened to good ole vegetables? oh thats right...they aint so healthy any more LOL
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 14, 2010