Do you have a friend from a different ethnic background?

Do you think that a Latin mom can get along with a mom from Bangladesh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think as long as you're NOt racist, you can get along with anyone(also depending on there personality) i have tons of friends from different ethnic backgrounds.I even married out of my race, my dh is a full blood mexican and I'm German..
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No. In fact I don't have any friends. With two children it is almost impossible to have friends LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I have a lot of friends from different ethnic backgrounds. I think anybody can get along with anybody if they want to have a friend and be a friend.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I have friends and just friends it never matters to me where they come from as a matter of fact it might come up in conversation but not for long. If a person is interesting and contributes to my life and I to their life it matters very little. Friendship is all I care about.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• ROFL - sorry, I know you're serious, and I'm going to answer it seriously, but when I read this, it made me laugh, because I have TONS of friends from different ethnic backgrounds. Some of them are Americans from different ethnic backgrounds, and some of them are not only from different ethnic backgrounds, but different countries.

People are people. You will find things you have in common, and things that are different - some because you're different people, some, culturally. Just be open to learning about each other and you can be great friends :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't, but that's only because I only have the one real friend I've had since I was 10. I grew up on army bases so as a kid I had may different friends and a lot of them were from different ethnic backgrounds, but I didn't keep any of those friendships, we weren't close just because as a kid I didn't see the point in getting close to someone just to have to move away from them in a year. When Dad retired from the Army, the school system I ended up in had, literally, one black kid in it, the rest were white country hicks.
    I think if your personality meshes with someone else's, then it doesn't matter what they look like or where they are from.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You should look for thinks that the two have in common, not the things that make you different.
    Anonymous

• I sure do. I have friends who are hispanic and one that is black. Both are mothers. No problems here. :-)
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Yes, and yes. I'm in a multi-ethnic family and grew up in a multi-ethnic family, so it's never been an issue.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Yes, she is from Brazil and still has strong family roots there. Her husband and children visit when they can and her family come to visit when they can. My 18 y/o daughter and their 18 y/o daughter are the best of friends so my daughter is always over their house. The Brazilian grandmother knows my daughter now and makes all her wonderful ethnic dishes that my daughter loves. She's like a part of their family. My friend, her name is also Karla, is so sweet and welcoming! We took the girls shopping for their prom gowns together and had the most wonderful time!
    I once had a friend many years ago whose husband was Muslim and she was American. We never met him, but I had her over all the time with her little boy. She was so sweet and she absolutely adored her husband.

Friendship and love has no boundaries.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2010