Saw "Where the Wild Things Are"...

What the heck????? Did those people even READ the book?? What's with the soap opera parts of it? I liked that book too! Aaaargh!

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL - I thought the same thing, and I also like the book. But then again, there really isn't enough to the book to make a full length movie, so....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i haven't seen it..the previews alot of the things they showed wasn't in the book, so i didn't bother watching it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• the book is so short they would have to add alot to make it a movie, so I will wait for the dvd. I heard it was a great film tho....even if it wasnt just like the book.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I saw it on DVD, it's not in theaters anymore. Thank goodness I didn't see it when it was! Good call on the waiting, though. I thought it was going to be sweet and a childrens movie, but it seems like they tried to gear it more toward adults, and it just came off looking awkward. I knew they were going to have to make it longer than the book , I just thought it would be more along the lines of elaboration. My whole family was laughing HYSTERICALLY at how stupid it was by the time it was over, so I guess we had fun WHILE watching it, if not watching the movie itself...
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Right, the book is so short, it's not long enough for a movie. Therefore, they should NOT HAVE MADE THE MOVIE. Urgh. I haven't watched it and don't plan to. They added a lot to The Polar Express too, which annoys me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010