Stubborn little girl & rolling over

So, my 6.5 month old CAN roll from her back to belly. She does it when we're changing her diaper & we've seen her do it hundreds of times. But for whatever reason, she won't do it unless we're changing her diaper. In the past month, if she lands on her back, she'll lay there and whine at us until we flip her over. I don't get it - she's crawling, pulling herself to standing, very mobile, but won't roll from her back anymore...anyone else's baby do this? Any ideas on how I can get her to do it herself again?

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 10:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it sounds like she is progressing very well in other areas so I wouldn't worry about this too much. But have you tried maybe putting a toy or her bottle beside her, but far enough to where she has to roll over to get it? That may give her some motivation to roll.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• motivate her like PP said, with a toy or better yet YOU, lol. lay next to her out of reach unless she rolls. sometimes babies are weird. It may be he just doesnt get she can do it other times, besides diaper time. My son was like that with walking. He took a few days to figure out he could walk in all the rooms of the house versus just the living room and kitchen.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:28 AM on Jun. 13, 2010