Palestine?

Okay YES I live under a rock and I apologize for my stupidity. I’m not causing drama; I do not want people’s opinions. What I want to know is I see people saying "Free Palestine" I just want to know what is going on. I Goggled it and there is too much to read. Can someone educate me with just a few paragraphs please? Please put your words in the simplest way so I can understand. I know nothing about the Middle East. I just joined this site and there are SO many things in this world that I guess I just did not know.... Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• wow. i was just thinking of asking someone to explain the whole Palestine/Gaza thing to me the other day. i'm not stupid, just don't keep up with this stuff. i will be watching here for some help in understanding it all.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think this site does a good job of providing the "Cliff Notes" version of the Palestine-Israel conflict!

http://www.mideastweb.org/nutshell.htm

There are a number of links contained within if you want to research further any of the key points.  If I go into the details in my own words--which will be on the side of Israel, I'm sure I'll get into a heated argument with those who support Palestine, and eventually get slapped on the hand by the CM Admins!  LOL  Better, to just let you read for yourself and make up your own mind! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:09 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Translation is "whipe Israel off the map, then throw the palistines to the wolves" because most middle easterners don't like them either. They just use them because they hate Israel more.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• wipe* for the spelling police.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:15 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• inkydorei

OP here- I’m not stupid either but I know people will think this. Suppose I should choose my words better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• LoriKeet:

WOW IN A NUTSHELL THAT SUMS IT UP. THANKS!!!!
    Anonymous

• Basically, after the 2nd world war the Jewish people of Europe needed a place to live. So a bunch of countries got together and decided they should move to Palestine because of the Bible. So they kicked the local Palestinians out of their homes and gave them to Jewish people. The Muslim and Christian Palestinians were forced into small areas and given less rights than the Jews. So some of them started to rebel and demand rights, which caused wars and made the Israeli's create sanctions against them and keep them from the basics of life to punish them for having the nerve to not like being shoved in to what are basically refugee camps.   Now when they fight back agains their oppression they are called Terrorists and the Israeli's get to be the victims. And the U.S. gets to pay for it all.

Anonymous

• Wow, anon you are sooo far off base with that little fairy tale.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Carpy,

You are so right, but a lot of people fall for the same propaganda. instead of getting the facts.

They should check out LoriKeet's link.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Yeah because that link isn't biased in Israel's favor at all .....
    Anonymous