Fathers Day Ideas!!!

My son is 13months, i need some ideas for fathers day gift/suprise! It can be something home made!!!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea. my family never celebrated father's day, so this is my dh's first father's day so i just got him a card and im going to bring him breakfast in bed and him my 9months old dd hold his card.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Make or buy a BBQ apron/tshirt/pj top and use fabric paints to put your child's hand and foot prints on, along with a Happy Father's Day message and the date-always put the date on things somewhere.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• for dh's first father's day present, my son was 3 months old. so i got on CM, got women to help with "you know you're a dad when..." i got about 40 answers. i took all those and wiggled it down to the 10 i liked most. then i write it down on his shirt, starting with 10, and #1 was on the back. i then used non-toxic paint and put ds's footprints on it. he LOVED it! he still wears it every now and then. i don't remember all of them, but #1 was you're flat broke. my favorite was " you know your a dad when you're walking down the street, see a hot girl, and first thing that comes to your mind is 'babysitter'" and ' you're grunting and sweating in the back seat of your car. when you're finally done, you've installed the carseats." LOL

as for this year, i'm still not sure. still thinking about it...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Gift certificate for a round of golf?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Get a t-shirt and sit your kid down with it with some fabric paint and let him go to town. There is non-toxic paint that won't make him sick (unless he actually tried to drink a whole bottle, but that's easy enough to prevent).
    You could also get some poster board, finger paint and let him have fun with it, making foot prints (it's really cute to put it on their feet and let them walk all over the board). Or, cut the board to fit in a picture frame, let him paint it then stick a small picture of him and daddy together in the middle.
    These are all things I have done w/my daughter or myself for my dad in the past.
    Just remember, no matter what you do, your boy's daddy will love it!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was thinking of doing nothing like my dh did for mother's day. As he told me I am not his mother. Ha ha! Then he asked me to get his watch fixed for him. OH Kay. So for my husband we got him a new watch, cologne (my daughter picked both out) she made him a collage of photos she has taken. They are family photos. I also got him a pair of nice khaki pants.
    I find it easy to purchase stuff for him b/c I remember stuff he has said he needs or wants. He will not shop for himself. We have teens so they have their own ideas about what to get their father.
    I say do something simple, feed him, love him, have a nice day with your family. Tell him he is a good dad. Cherish the time you have and enjoy!
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2010