Super bad ezema on my 3 mo. old. Any home remedies?

Ive tried triple cream, calamine lotion, A&D oint., vaseline, Say yes to Carrots shea butter, Burts Bee all products. His sister had the same thing and her ped had prescribed desonide oint but his last appt it wasn't as bad as it is now so his ped said just to put lotion on it. Well I do about 8 times a day but his face is still broke out and now his arms are too! What else is there to use

Mz_Momm25

Asked by Mz_Momm25 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter has the same thing, but hers is more moderate. we use Eucerin PLUS intensive repair lotion. thats what my doc told us and it works AWSOME!!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I would stop creams and lotions, and if oil is needed a natural oil like olive and raw shea butter. No soap unless necesary just plain water sponge bath, no immersion baths. If soap no dye no perfume, either a plain unscented castille soap or oatmeal soap. absolutely no vaseline...its petroleum based and doesn't let the skin breath.

Wash the baby's cloths in plain water, if you see suds you have detergent build up. Very irritating. Switch to an earth friendly no perfume detergent and use 1/4 of the recommended amount. no fabric softener no dryer sheets. vinegar makes a fine fabric softener.

no baby wipes. Use cloth wipes and plain water. if you use disposables at least get perfume free or switch to a more earth friendly brand or swich to cloth.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• If you are breastfeeding, don't have any dairy; if you are formula feeding, don't use a cowmilk based formula.

Keep baths short and infrequent.

Put coconut oil on the afflicted areas.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2010