Does anyone else feel like they clean and clean and clean and still have the house a constant pigsty?

I go through the house several times a day and pick and all the crud off the floor and put everything away. But an hour later its always a mess again. I am getting tired of it. My husband is supposed to do the kitchen for me but all he ever does is wash the dishes and mop the floor and wipe down the counters. I have to do everything else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do feel that way. Worse so since now I'm ill and can't do much! My DH never mopped a floor in his life! Your lucky if yours does. Plus mine is jobless now for 18 mos. At a job close to 25 years. One Funny Story? Years Ago...DH dropped a egg on the floor. How to clean it? Call your poodle & let him lap it up! No more dogs or floor lickings!! Cats won't do it!! Best of luck on the help you get and keeping it clean. you're not alone!! Take Care! Best of luck its never ever ending..!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• thats because everyone throws stuff on the floor and says they'll get it later and they never do. i have a studio apartment and my df and i usually mess it up in a day...we've been good lately though cause we both like a clean place
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• um yes.lol i never really let it bother me before but my parents are coming down on wendsday,...the first time they'll have ever been in any of my homes..they're moving from another state to my state..anywho, i started cleaning last week and am finishing up on tuesday but man it seems once something already cleaned(toilets) it gets messed up again that same day or next day.its frustrating!!!
    ''
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Wow you're lucky your husband does ANYTHING! All my fiance does is trashes the place and expects me to pick everything up. I was crying the other day because I feel like I'm non stop cleaning. I'll clean the house in 1 day and by night time its like I didn't do a thing. I hate it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• ash i'd get that issue resolved before you marry him cause he's disrespecting you by doing that
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Alii, yeah you're telling me. I can't tell you how many times I've asked him to stop leaving garbage all over, stop leaving closet, cabinets, drawers, wide open when he takes something out, rinse your peanut butter knives off before you put them in the sink, etc. etc. and he continues to do it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• yupp!! dont worry kids = tornados.. lol u should come see my house ! lol i feel like i load the dishwasher and its full again
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I feel like that all the time op~ but my husband does help out with everything so...now after reading some of the posts I should just appreciate that I have a good man the helps me out. I sometimes get so pissed and feel like that's all I do... day in and day out, and it never seems to end. I can't image how it would feel I didn't have him to help me all the time.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 12:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i am so sick of cleaning!
    i actually let it get so bad just recently because i was sick of cleaning, we had a house keeper come in and clean it so nicley for $100. I feel like its a fresh start now, i just have to maintain it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It really bothers me when people leave stuff on the floor, counters, or kitchen table. Normally I tell the kids I am going to vacuum and they run around and pick everything up. Just vacuum up one matchbox car and they will understand you mean business, LOL! Today my house feels sort of gross because my youngest son was sick all week and we didn't do much. I need to unload the dishwasher, dust, and vacuum. My husband leaves his laptop and paperwork on the kitchen table and that drives me nuts, but I can't complain too much today. Right now he's outside building a shade house for our desert tortoise.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010