My baby is almost 9 month old and still not crawling!

I'm really starting to get concerned. She will be 9 months old in a week and still does not crawl. She sits independently, rolls over and pushes her upper body up but will not crawl. She will stand if I hold her hands too.

Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope, some babies skip crawling and go right to walking. some crawl later, after walking. dont flip mama. as long as there is nothign physically wrong that her doc is concerned with, she is just being her own person. a mom in one of my groups has a 14 month old who walked and crawled after.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• my daughter was 9 months 2 weeks when she started to crawl. i was worried too. she crawled for 3 weeks and then she stared walking! dont worry. completely fine!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No, my pediatrician told me that crawling isn't a milestone that doctor's look at because it varies so much and some kids never crawl. My older 2 both crawled around 9 months then walked at 11 and 12 months, but even if your baby doesn't crawl soon I wouldn't worry about it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It's normal. Not common, but normal. I've seen kids that never crawled, just moved right on to walking. My girl did that weird army crawl thing where she scooted every where on her belly using her elbows and did this for months. Then, walked at about 15 months and crawled at around 17, going back and forth between the two.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My niece didn't crawl until she was 13 mos and started walking at 15 mos--she is completely normal except for those motor delays which aren't technically delays. Let your child develop on it's own path.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OMG csll the police...she is progressing she is FINE! Not all kids crawl!!!!
    Anonymous

• It can be frustrating for the baby but it will happen in due time. Once they start trying to walk and fall down and can't get over to something to stand up, will frustrate them and give them the incentive to learn. Or, they will be like my kids and barrel roll instead. If you want to help them get going, put their toys or their bottle just out of their reach. They will find away. It can make them really angry, but it will be helpful.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I would not be concerned. Babies have their own 'time table' to reach their milestones. Some crawl early, some late and some babies never learn to crawl (my bil was one who never crawled). If you are really worried about it I would mention it to the pediatrician and see what he/she says.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Be patient, it will happen! Mine just started crawling at 11 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No worries mama. Th average age for crawling is 9.5 months. Some perfectly healthy kids do it well after that and some never at all. I have 3 friends. All 3 had kids in the same week. They are almost 10 months old. One has been crawling for about 2 weeks, one less than a week and one not at all. They are all soooo different. I bet you if you did a poll type question and asked all the mamas when thier kids crawled you woluld feel much better. My son was army crawling at 5 months and regular crawling at 6. I also have a frien whos son didnt crawl till 12.5 months, and 11 months. It depends so much on each child:)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010