is a 31 inch uterus ok for 34 weeks pregnant?

or am i measuring small for where i'm supposed to be. the baby is very healthy, strong heartbeat, very active in the womb. i am a very small woman, only 5'2 and i'm at 130 lbs so i'm 25 lbs heavier than before i was pregnant and all that weight is in my belly so i don't know if i'm having a small baby or if this is normal. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I thought they measured in cm. If you are measuring your self, don't forget to start at the pubic bone. If the doctor measured you and didn't say anything, I'm sure you are fine.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• your due date could be off or if you are measuring yourself i'm betting you aren't getting an accurate measure. it can also mean low fluid levels, so make sure you stay well hydrated. I had a relatively small baby, 6lbs 8 oz, and measured right on track the whole time.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i am assuming you mean centimeters. to be off by 3 cm either way is not a big deal. your ob may just watch it. are you measuring yourself? is your ob measuring you? different ob's can get different readings. the position of your pelvis and/ or your baby can also make a difference in the measurement.
    i just had an 8 lb baby, and i measured small for several weeks near the end of the pregnancy.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• my midwife measured me and yes i meant cm. i don't use an ob cause i think midwives are better for pregnancy/childbirth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2010