Do you think she is mad at me?

Yesterday was my friends wedding. It is also Yahweh's holy day according to his word. So I could not attend, and my friend knows I wanted to go, but I couldn't. I told her I would go to the reception once the sun goes down, and I got all ready at 9:00 pm the sun went down, and I called to let her know that I was on my way. She told me not to bother. Do you think she is mad? Do you think she has a good reason to be mad at me? What are your views? Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• She sounds a little miffed and she probably feels like she has good reason to be. But a true friend will get over it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I didn't know you couldn't go to weddings on the sabbath. Interesting. What religion are you? I didn't think Jew used the name of God?

Anyway, I guess if you follow the laws of your religion strictly then you were right not to break them.

Anonymous

• Well it could have been that the reception was over and she was saving you a trip, or it could be that she is upset you didn't go even though you explained your reasons for it. If she understands your beliefs and respects them there is no reason to be mad and I would go with the first option. Either way it is hard for us to inform you of her feelings as we don't know her or your relationship with her. Not to mention we don't know the extent of her knowledge on your beliefs.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm the same religion as Yahshua the Messiah. Here is a link, blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• She was probably a bit put off. I would be too honestly.

Yes, your beliefs are important but so are your friendships. If it meant a lot to her and you then Yahweh would have understood that and you should have too. By saying it was important then not showing up cuz of you beliefs...she may feel you are saying she isnt important to you nor is the friendship.
    Anonymous

• God is not religious my dear. What you have is an ancient belief system founded in fear and ignorance. Look how much false pride you take in being right, while you miss out on your friends beautiful wedding day. The truth was supposed to set you free, not make you look like a self righteous nut. Psychiatric hospitals are filled with religious fundamentalists who are out of their minds and you need to pack your bags and join them. My parents wasted their entire lives missing important events due to these "holy days". They have no friends, no memories, no nothing... and Yahweh didn't bless them one tiny bit for their religious slavery. You obviously have no vaguest ability to think for yourself and your entire congregation has completely missed the point. *sigh* I honestly don't know why your friend even bothers with you. It makes me sad to see what you have done to "Gods word".
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 2:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Anon 05- My faith is my life. I am dedicated to the being that gives me life. I would not even be here if it weren't for his grace and love. I like her and she is one of the closest friends that I have, but respect is expected between friends. She made the wedding on the day she chose, and she knew that I could not make it on that day. I don't expect her to change the day of her wedding for me, why should she expect me to change my day of worship for her? I respect that, that day was her special day. But Saturday is my and Yahweh's special day for life. Weddings come and go, Sabbaths will be a sign between me and my Father forever. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Blabbermouth- you are entitled to your opinion, and will be accepted as your opinion, nothing more. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• In all honesty here, considering she doesn't she does't view your faith as hers, she has a reason to be upset. That is a very important day to her and to others as well.
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Blabbermouth- you are entitled to your opinion, and will be accepted as your opinion, nothing more."

If this is your feeling towards people's opinion of this, why did you ask if the first place? Do you truly even care if she is upset with you, or did you want to hear how righteous you are for sticking with your "God" instead of supporting a friend on a very important day?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010