Spotting: 7 weeks pregnant

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I noticed that I have dark brown spotting...not a lot though. I went through this with my last pregnancy and my doc said it was probably "old blood" from my last cycle before I got pregnant and that red or pink blood is fresh. Either way, I am going to call the doc tomorrow because I don't have my first appointment for another week.
My question...
Has anyone else gone through this and what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did at about seven weeks; I called the L&D department at our local hospital and spoke to the on call ob. He said it was fairly common for women to spot brown in the first six-eight weeks but if it turned red, I started getting cramps, or it got heavier I needed to go to the ER. I also called my regular ob the next day; they told me to take it easy, don't overdo anything, no sex etc until I saw her. I'm nine and a half weeks(ish) and the spotting stopped the next day and I haven't had any problems since. I see my ob tomorrow so I'll find out more then.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• call your doctor. my doctor told me ANY bleeding during pregnancy is not considered normal. whether or not it is something that is not worrisome can only be determined by receiving medical attention.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I had brown spotting for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy and some mild menstrual-like cramping. My doctor told me to lie on my right side and drink plenty of water and sure enough, the cramping went away.

My doctor also told me that brown and light pink spotting is perfectly normal.

My daughter is a beautiful, happy, and healthy 9 month old now and I had no complications with my pregnancy or delivery.

So, I'd say as long as it's only light spotting and brown in color, you are fine. If the bleeding becomes heavier, or turns red in color then you need to go to the ER. Also, if you have any bad cramping, go to the ER.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I've had three pregnancies. Brown spotting with all three. First one was fine, second was miscarriage, and I'm currently almost 16 weeks with my third and everything is fine. I"m sure everything is fine! Best wishes to you!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010