if i stop birth control (TTC)

how long til id be good to go? as in TTC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was on the pill for 5 years and got pregnant the first month I went off. My best friend just had the same thing happen. Then I was on the IUD for 8 years (huge gap between pregnancies) and it took about 6 months. Then... I was on the pill and I got pregnant again when my youngest was 5 months!! So, who knows, it could happen right away for it could take several months.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• well i meant when will it be safe to?
    Anonymous

• They say to wait 3 months. I don't know why though. Probably to get all of the hormones out of your body.
    I started trying right away, it took us 7 months. I miscarried that baby. I was pregnant again 2 months later and now we have a healthy baby boy. :]
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It depends on what kind of BC you are using... if it's an IUD, I think you can TTC right away after it's removed. With the Depo shot it's 3 months or so. With the pill it's a month. I concieved on the 2nd try after stopping the pill... I stopped in September, tried in October, hit the jackpot in November. Good luck to you!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I stopped the pill and waited till the 2nd month off the pill to start trying at it WORKED :) 33 weeks and counting them down... lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2010