Why does everyone say time flies?

The last year feels like 10 years to me. The next 10 will seem like 100. Ugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's an age thing. My dad says the older you get, the faster it goes.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It seems like it does looking back. The first year after my daughter was born felt like 100, but looking back on it, where did it go?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Time flies, yes it does. I finally hit 21. was 30 before I new it. Then 40 came faster then 30. Now I am closing in on 50. Where has the time gone?

Answer by louise2 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I believe the saying is, "Time flys when you're having fun." Being so caught up in the moment will warp your sense of time and you won't notice it's passing. Of course, it's all just an illusion. Every moment is always now. Everyday is always today. There is no place other than right here and no time other than right now.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 2:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• As I have gotten older (46 now). Time does seem to fly. A month goes past faster than a week used to seem to. It seems like a year is over in a blink of an eye. Just yesterday it seemed like my little boy was running around the house playing saying "momma" every 3 minutes. Reality is my son is 18 now, the years have just passed by far too quickly.. lol

At the same time though. Another quirk of getting older.. lol Time doesn't matter to me as much anymore. I don't mean, time spent with the one's I love doesn't matter.. Not that type of thing.. But "time" in the sense of : I need to do such and such by such and such time, I must eat by such and such time, sleep by such and such time, spend such and such amount of time doing this or that............ In this sense. Time no longer matters to me..lol... I just live and do when or as I please.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Ok, yesterday I was twenty. Today I'm 51. Time doesn't fly. It takes quantum leaps.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2010