More of a vent but I could use some good advise.PLEASE NO BASHING!!!

OK so for those of you who don't know my SO was arrested last July for copyright infringment and Tuesday he is being sentenced. For those who do not know for selling bootlegged DVDs it's up to 5 years and illegal downlaods is up to 5. Anyway he is being charged with both and I am sooo scared!!! I don't want to hear anyone say he is bad or that i should leave him. I am here for some NICE ladies to maybe give me some encourgaing words maybe some advice as to what I should do the next 10 years or even the next few weeks when I won't want to get out of bed. I wish I could have my mom take my DD for a few days afterwards but she has to work. I just want to lay in bed and cry and cry! I know he did something wrong and should pay for it and he knows that too but this is killing me!! I am going to miss him so much my heart is aching even now!

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Unless the prosecutor and judge are trying to use him as an example for others doing the same thing, there is a chance it won't be the full 10 years in prison, especially if it's his first time in trouble.
    And even if he is, just make sure your daughter remembers who he is. Make a scrapbook of pictures or something like that. When she is a little older, maybe taking her to see him.
    Since I have never been in your shoes, I can't really say what to do or what I have done.
    I am sorry you have to go through this though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• We all make mistakes. He's no different. There are support groups for loved ones incarcerated. It's not easy but it's not the end of the world either. It gives you time to build up a life for your child while he's gone. My x got ten yrs but only had to serve 3. It was an adjustment but it went by fast. Stay strong for your child

hugs

Answer by admckenzie at 1:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• ((HUGS))) Its going to be hard but feel it and cry then move on one day at a time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Oh my God they act like he sold drugs giving him that much time. A year maybe 2 would of did the trick.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• mama, I know!!!! he didn't hurt anyone he was doing it because he lost his job and had to support 3 kids and a friend of his had told him about it and he went with it! All he wanted to do was support his kids! Now their going to loose time with him. The boys are 9 and our DD is 2 1/2 and to them he is the best daddy in the world!!! He is the best SO in the world also!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry sweetie! That just sucks!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My heart goes out to you! I can understand that we all make mistakes, and we do have to pay for them one way or the other. This is a scary situation for sure! Ten years is a long time, but due to over crowded prisons he would not have to be there full term. If he does good, and keep his nose clean while in there he will be let out early. I do suggest that you both repent and turn your life to Yahweh, allow him to be your guide, and source of help in all situations. Right now he can help you, all you have to do is ask him, and allow him to prove his love to you. This is the best advice I can give. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• He is just going away for a while, he is not dieing. He will be back. It iwill be hard.
    But you will get on with your life. Just live your life and take care of your child. he will be back. You will be able to talk to him on the phone and visit him.

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• louise, that;s the problem they can send him out of state and I won't be able to see him o rbring the kids to see him! I know he's not dieing but he's going to prison. I am trying to get it in my head what to tell my poor baby girl when she wants her daddy!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• We all make bad choices. Hopefully he wont be in jail the max amount of time. For now, you need to be strong hon. For your child as well as for yourself. Dont look at the whole sentence. Just take it one step at a time. You can do this. Talk when you need to --to mom, your best friend, write in a journal, one of your friends here. Ask for help when you need to. You are not alone.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2010