I am trying to enroll my 4 year old in preschool and I have no idea where to begin. Do i go through the public school or find a private/church preschool.

Any help where to start looking? Or a good website to check out? thanks

asugars

Asked by asugars at 2:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in

• It depends on how much you can/want to pay.
    We used the Community Action state funded preschool because we didn't have the money for anything else. I'd heard bad things about state funded things like that, but had a great experience with it.
    One of the teachers had taught kindergarten in another school so she was really good at preparing my daughter for kindergarten.
    You could just look in the yellow pages under "preschool" as well.
    Most elementary schools offer preschool programs, but some of them have income requirements or only admit kids with learning problems. You could just call the ones in your area. I've heard it helps if you put your kid in an actual school for preschool to put them in the one they will go to kindergarten in so they will be used to the "big school" feel of things.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It does depend on how much you are willing to pay. Public schools, day cares, private schools all offer preschool. We went threw public schools and payed about $140 a mth for 3 hrs a day 3 days a week. All I did was call the school district I live in and they told me who I had to call and what I needed to do. I know day cares offer preschool to but I am not sure of the cost, and there is a private school near me called Montessori but I have heard they are pretty expensive. GL
    Anonymous

• I'd start by looking in the phone book then call around and find out how much each will cost then narrow it down from there. Our public schools don't offer preschool unless the child is disabled/delayed. The only options are private, church or our park district. We went with the park since we could never afford private schools. The park was just 2 days a week for 2 hours each day for $185 for the entire year (end of Sept until the end of April).
    The Catholic school my other kids went to also offered preschool which was full day, 5 days a week and was $3500 a year just like the other kids pay.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• A Private Church Preschool is the way to go in my opinion. That is where my girls are and I had a teacher tell me yesterday that kids that come from Private Church Preschools are so far more advanced than children who go to a public preschool, she said you would not believe the difference. There is more time for one on one, it just depends on what you can afford.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2010

Next question in
Help please!!

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
"you know your a dad when.."