So I'm trying to convince DH to go to the ER

About 6 weeks ago he had an allergic reaction to his deodorant. At first it was huge welts on his arm pit and it was warm to the touch. About a week or so later the welts went away and he strted getting pimple-like bumps. The bumps spread toward his elbow and down his side. They're still there and one of the bumps right in center of his arm pit looks really bad. It has a lump smaller than a bouncy ball but bigger than a marble. This morning he squeezed it (which REALLY hurt him) and this mucus came out. At first it was pink then it was yellow.

He's also got 2 spots around his hips from where his belt rubs against it. They're bumps about the size of a quarter and they're red all around them. The redness spreads about the width of a softball...

So I'm trying to get him to go to ER and he doesn't want to go. What do you ladies think? My guess is it is Staph, but not sure....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it sounds like staph to me, what you're describing about the pus that came out when he squeezed it(which is NOT a good idea) they sound like boils that are really bad, they could be classified as abscesses. the stuff that is coming out(the yellowish pus) is very is contagious, as in if any of this ooze gets on another pore of his skin,that pore WILL get a boil as well.

do they hurt thruout the day? and them being warm to the touch it sounds like boils.they SUCK!! and as mmmmegan said it can get into the bloodstream. google boils and read about them, i used to get them horridly and i was in tears all the time the hurt so bad, thankfully mine were poor diet and from shaving, so mine went away after i changed these things.

if he wont go to the er, which what they will do is drain them, you can "kinda" do this at home. PM and i can tell you how.(too long to wrire out here,)

mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• How about urgent care? If it is staph it needs to be treated. Can you make him an appt. tomorrow? He has somekind of infection that will not go away without treatment. Men and Doctors I don't get why they are so stubborn.
    Anonymous

• google pictures fo staph infections and see if that's similar. If I am not mistaken, staph can be deadly if not treated.
    Anonymous

• I have no idea. Is he running a fever? Does he have diarrhea? I would take him to a walk in clinic if I had one locally. However if not call your doctor. Sounds pretty amazing and I would get it looked at pretty quickly before what ever it is gets into his blood stream.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Yeah, it sounds like a staph infection. We just went through this...definitely go to the ER. He probably needs antibiotics on top of getting the abscesses cleaned and possibly lanced.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I got the same arm pit thing when I was pregnant. The doctor gave me some cream to put on it, and it went away within a week. Wouldn't say he needs to go to the hospital, but maybe the family doctor or a walkin health care.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 13, 2010