the reports are back..her heart is on the wrong(the right) side!!!

has anyone ever heard of this disease? its called Dextrocardia and the meaning is a congenital defect in which the heart is situated on the right side of the body. they also said that maybe more organs could be on the wrong side but the dr never went into detail about the negative side effects. they found it on my 5day old niece, and was wondering if anyone heard of it or has dealt with it

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. My stepbrothers wife's brother's baby. That was only one problem. The baby also had some missing organs. This baby didn't make it past 6 months gestation.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• well do you know what would happen if it was only the heart?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• yes. i have heard of it. some people surviveothers dont. itslike their orangs are flip to the other side.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Why don't you research it on webmd. Or you can google it.

I have heard of it but I don't know any child with it. Thank goodness I will keep it in my prays.
    Anonymous

• My Dad's inside were all on the wrong side. I can't even remember when they actually realized that he was like that. It wasn't until I was about 12 or so. They called it situs inversus. He had gotten a new job and had to get a physical....that's when they noticed it.

My Dad had to have some of his bowels removed, due to a tumor and the Doc said that's why it took longer for the surgery because he is backwards. My Dad passed away in 2003, when he was 53 years old.

He never had any problems and never really got sick, with the exception of the common cold--and that was rare for him.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 4:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• One of the James Bond villains had it and that was the first time I'd ever heard of it.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2010