When during your pregnancy can you find out the sex of your baby?

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The best is to wait til 20 weeks or after. There is much less chance of them being wrong. The earlier you go the more chances of them being wrong.
    Anonymous

• At about 18-22wks depending on whether the baby cooperates or not
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 4:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think 16 weeks is the absolute earliest, but as a PP said, the longer you wait, the better. Of course, they can read the ultrasound wrong sometimes too, depending on how the baby is positioned. I was able to see my little dude's "equipment" before the tech even pointed it out, he was spread-eagled. :) Mine was at 20 weeks I think.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks which gave us the answer. The Tech told me they can tell earlier, but with a lower percentage of accuracy.
    Anonymous

• There is a clinic here that guarantees 100% accuracy(or you get a complete refund) of gender prediction at 16 weeks. They provide them also as early as 14 weeks, but the guarantee isn't until 16. And if the baby is in a bad position, they give you the option to wait for a bit to see if the baby moves. They're really good there. They correctly got my cousin's baby's gender down at 14 weeks. They gave her the 2nd at 16 weeks for 1/2 price just to make sure. I say it depends on the techincian and the equipment they use.
    Anonymous

• I found out with 95% accuracy (experienced tech said) that my baby was a girl at my 14 week nuchal scan. Had an elective gender scan at 16 weeks and said it was a girl. Had my anatomy scan at 19 weeks, girl again. 28 and 32 week scan, yep, still a girl!

Found out with my son that he was definitely a boy at 15 weeks.

You can find out as early as 12 weeks according to the "nub" theory. Some high risk ultrasound techs (and not high risk also) are familiar with this theory. But most people don't know about this and just wait till 20 weeks because that's when most techs are willing to guess gender.

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html#angle_of_dangle
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• With all of mine we found out between 17-21 weeks
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 11:04 AM on Jun. 14, 2010