Does anyone else regret having children?

Every single day i wish i could go back in time and not have my son. EVERY SINGLE DAY i wish i was someone else.

Does ANYBODY else feel this way? My son is 10 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't. But why do you feel this way? What is the problem you are facing with him?
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 5:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Sounds like you have depression..... PPD maybe.... talk to your doctor..... My son was not planned but I love him so much, I wish I would have had a couple more years to finish school but it happened
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Have you evaluated the possibility of post-partum depression? I did feel like this when I had PPD after the birth of my third child- I honestly wanted to just give them to somebody else and run away. I felt like I was a terrible mom and I did not enjoy my kids at all. I realized that this was not how I really felt (I love my kids- I never wanted to be anything but a mom.) I talked to my doctor, ended up on antidepressants, and it helped enormously. I know people think that PPD is immediately after haivng a baby, but it can develop anytime in the first year and can be gradual (I finally talked to my doctor when my baby was nine months old... I had been gradually feeling more miserable for the previous few months.)
    I'm sorry you feel this way- I hope you can find some way to enjoy parenting a lot more!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• sometimes i regret the age i had him at. but i dont regret him at all & i wouldnt change it. i always have wanted kids and want more. but whats the matter? what is it about being a mother that you dont like?
    you should PM me if you want. we can talk .. my son is a year old.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Sweetie you need to talk to your doctor,, sure there are times when kiddos make you nutty,, but EVERY day is too much,, have you donsidered adoption,, I only say this is ur your not PPD or struggling in some way Please CALL someone anyone,, and get some help,,, he will feel your resentment for the rest of his life,, My SIL is awful due to the fact her mother never wanted any kiddos and took it out on her,, not meaning to, but none the less she is a mess because she feels unwanted and unloved,,, please do the smart and right thing,, hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• In a way- a wonder what my life would be if I didn't have kids so young (20)-my brothers have no kids, and are free and happy to do what they want. I had my kids in the early 80's,now grown- they are much a pain now then when they were small. there's a saying *YOUR PARENTS RUIN THE FIRST HALF OF YOUR LIFE,- YOUR CHILDREN RUIN THE SECOND HALF* Clarance Darrow
    Anonymous

• My son is the same age and I have never felt the way you do. I cherish my child and thoroughly enjoy being a mother.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You need to seek help, your feeling are not normal most mothers will tell you that. I have never in my life for a moment even in the worst of days wished I didn't have them, children are a blessing no matter what your situation.

Answer by older at 5:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Your obviously going through something and not being able to deal with it on your own. Where is your hubby, or are you single. Girl it could be worse. i have four kids and I raise them all on my own. Of course there are days that I go in my room and cry my eyes out from stress and just wanting to run away, but at the end of the day I have a bond that can never break with my kids. You need to seek help. Its normal for a mother to feel like that, so the best thing for you and your childs well being is to talk to someone, not just on here but a doctor.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No..... My DD is the best thing that has happened to me. She is the light of my life. She is now almost 8yrs old. Some days are harder than others when she is bring mouthy and not listening, but I always thank God that she is my daughter. Couldn't ask for more. DH and I would love to have 1 or 2 more, but hasn't happened yet :( I raised my DD on my own for the first 4yrs of her life, until I got married and DH came into the picture, Who she has called "daddy" since almost day one.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010