Can deal with the "spoildness" ...

I need adice on how to calm down.

My husband offered to keep his brothers 2 kids all weekend, of course once they got here he had other things to do ( which included watching tv and mowing the grass for the 4th time this week). These two little kids are soo bad and I know I sound mean saying that about them but I am literally shaking mad over this weekend.

They are 10 and 8 years old... they act worse than my 3 year old. They yell at her and my 1 year old son, the 8 y/o called my 1 y/o a freak and screamed at him, because he was looking at him. He ( the 8 y/o) pooped his pants and said it was my fault because I didnt ask him if he had to go, and insisted that I could not help him clean himself, so now there is poop all over my bathroom!!! The 8 y/o got into my DD closet, got her $50 birthday outfit ( her bday is in 2 weeks) and colored on it with a marker, and threw her pizza onto my kitchen light *continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I gave them popsicles and told them that when they are done with them tell me or go put them in the sink... 30 mintues later I find the melted puddles on the new couch. I told them not to touch the puppies, they wouldnt put them down and then kept hiding them in places. Everytime i tell them not to do something, they will look right at me as they are doing what I told them not to.

I am so fed up my husband, their parents , and my MIL all say that they have had a rough life and it isnt their fault....... they have not had a rough life, and it is their fault... these kids are going to be even more horrible the older they get ! Theire parents are losers and so they live with my MIL ... ( the parents live their too) .... and they think that considers having a bad life... They have a nice house ( actually it was a nice house, until the kids tore it to hell) , they get $100 worht of toys a month, *continued*
    Anonymous

• I'd be making a call to their parents. That isn't spoiled that is out of control with no boundaries or discipline. The kid that pooped, would be on his hands and knees washing that bathroom with me sitting right there making sure it got done. They want to know if no means no and what your boundaries and rules are. Set them, give them consequences and always follow through. I'd be sure to tell their parents about their behavior. Actually I think I'd call them while the kids were sitting there, listening to me talk to them and ask the parents to speak to them so the behavior stops... now... no questions asked.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am just so tired of having to take care of them when they act like that and then being made to feel like a monster because I dont smile as I clean up after these kids that should know better !!!!

My question is.... would I be seen as a horrible person if I would not let these kids come back to my house until they act better?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let them in my house, I would also chew hubby a new one for dumping the kids off on me.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Their parents know ! ... everyone knows how they act........... they say that it isnt their fault, that they dont know any better.....my MIL even said I should have asked him if he needed to go to the potty..... he is 8 years old !!!! I do not have to ask my 3 year old and yet she doesnt wipe poop around the bathroom !
    Anonymous

• I'd have packed them up in the car and driven them right back home!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I would tell them no and I would not allow them back in the house until they behaved better and put your foot down and do not let them back in.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I realize everyone feels bad because they are in a bad position, but let your husband know the next time they are coming, you are leaving to go visit someone. And do it! Bet it never happens again. Why not have the children go to the MIL then if she feels so sorry for them. The behavior is a choice on the kids part. They will act the way they are allowed to act. Your hands are tied plus your children will learn that behavior by observing it. Let your hubby know how you feel and give him the heads up now so it wont be a surprise.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010