how do i help my 8year old with seeing ghosts at night and being terified?

as of about a week ago my daughter has been waking up saying she saw ghosts eyes in our hallway or our bedroom, how do i help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• explain to her that ghost are good guys (like angels watching over you) tell her that they are only made to look like bad guys in the movies. So tell her if she thinks she is seeing something that its okay because its probably a good ghost (or angel if you prefer) making sure she is doing okay.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• if you're religious maybe you can pray with her and ask for safety. but let her know you are there to keep her safe and won't let anything bad happen to her. my daughter has seen things. i dont know if its imagination or really something there. but it helped her when i did those things. i just tell her not to be afraid and to be strong.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 5:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Give her a night light for her room, and I like the idea of giving her a flashlight to sleep with. If she thinks she sees something, have her shine her flashlight on whatever she sees, and she'll realize the object just LOOKS scary in shadows and isn't really a ghost. :o)

I would also have her "inspect" her closet and under her bed with your help of course, so she can see that there aren't any ghosts or monsters hiding somewhere in her room.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• here is a prayer that i use when my daughter started sein them yrs ago..

St Micheal the Arch Angel defend us in battle,
    Be our protector against the wickedness and the snares of devil
    May God rebuke him we humbly pray
    O do thou of Prince of the Heavenly host
    By the Devine Power of God
    cast into Hell satan an all the evil spirits
    who roam thru the world seeking ruins of souls..
    AMEN..

I prayed it thru out my house..i also teach my kids that if they ever see or feel uncomfortable with what ever they see alway call on the name of JESUS..he the person who has the power to vanquish to wherever they came from..what ever they see will usu go away whenever u call on JESUS..i'm grown an i still do it whenever i see one i fig i cant handle...fear is what keep them abound she has to stand up to whatever it is..
    gd luck wit dd..see things is stuff it keeps me up many nites..
    Anonymous