What is this?! (WAY TMI)

I started my period 3 days ago,for the first time in 2 years. Now I am bleeding heavily, going through a super plus tampon and pad in an hours time. And everytime I sit on the toilet large golf ball size clumps of blood come out. I am also in VERY BAD pain. I called the ER and they said it doesn't merit a visit to the ER, to just call my OBGYN 2morro morning. But like I said, Im in horrible pain, Im light headed, and these balls of blood hurt when I pass them. Any idea what could be causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Health

• No but if I were you I'd be at the E.R. asap. IF you pass out due to this then have someone call the ambulance to get you there stat! Hope things work out for you! Good Luck!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 5:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Sound like a miscarriage too me same symptoms I had.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I would just show up at the ER. Sounds scary.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking miscarriage, but...I havent had sex in...hrm...a little over a year. So I highly doubt thats what it is. But I too have had a miscarriage and was thinking to myself how similar the syptoms seem.
    -OP
    Anonymous

• I would be on my way to the ER.

But it could be because you've gone so long without a period. Call an urgent care place and see what they say or maybe see what an on call doctor says. Personally I'd be at the hospital already.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Go straight to the hospital I would not wait
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• why haven't you had a period in two years? could that have something to do with the large clots?
    be sure you are eating while you are waiting for the obgyn...eat iron rich foods, raisins, red meat, lots and lots of dark leafy greens!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'd go to the ER, just to be safe.

I didn't have a period for almost 3 yrs due to 3 back to back pregnancys and nursing. When I finnally started getting periods again, at first they were irregular and I bleed very heavily with huge clots (TMI sorry). I would go though a pad every couple of hours. Bedtime was a nightmare, overnights doubled didn't work. I ended up getting a package of depends underware, maximum protection to wear at night. Only thing that worked so I didn't have to get up as often. (again, sorry if this is TTI) If I went out anywhere I had to wear a tampon & pad. (annoying and gross)

After about a year my period was coming regularly and I was able to perdict better when it would come. It is still very heavy, but better, not going though pads as often and I double the overnights at bed now. I should have got medical treatment, I was just very lucky. Go to the ER or doc and if everythings ok, theres hope.
    Anonymous

• Please go to the ER and let us know how it goes. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

Ditto
    Anonymous