How do you explain the difference?

Look here...if you read Genesis 6:19-22 basically Noah is supposed to bring two of all living creatures both male and female.

Then in Genesis 7:2 God says for Noah to take seven of every kind of clean animal (pair)

What does that all mean? My friend pointed this out to me and I have not a clue how to answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The whole account of the flood contradicts!
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Clean animals were instructed to be brought in more than the others so that Moses could sacrifice them to Yahweh. What made an animal unclean? Their diet. Yahweh made certain animals as living garbage disposals and filters for the land and waters. We are not to eat them so that we do not die of diseases. I live by this diet and without working out I am shrinking back to my original size I am now a size 8 from a size 14. Hallelujah! And I am healthy! Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with Daphne. For sacrifice purposed to God.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• For sacrifice, which was required for forgiveness before Jesus's crucifiction.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well, duh!!! God changed his mind of course. Look the flood myth is just that--a myth. Science has already proven that a boat big enough for 30 million pairs of every animal on earth can't be built with the technology of that time. That there is not enough water on the surface of the planet or inside of it to flood the surface of earth to more than about 50 feet, which wouldn't even BEGIN to cover the thousand foot mountains. Creation, the great flood, the virgin birth are ALL myths and stories.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well witch queen, science just HAS to be right, because it is based on a bunch of theories (educated guesses), and is often contradicted by others who make other educated guesses. I know you couldn't possible understand but, by FAITH, an ark CAN be made that big if an entity such as a GOD could make it. It is also very possible that since the people of that time understood little about geology and science, they were merely naive about what they saw. I mean, Chris Columbus wanted to prove to England that the world was round, because everyone else perceived it as flat, correct? It doesn't make it a myth, but rather a less than accurate account. Also, technology wasn't necessary in those days because people got off ther butts and worked hard, and let's face it, someone built the pyramids we see TODAY, right? Some SCIENTISTS believed an ice age killed off many animals, dinosaurs also, when the polar ice caps melted....a FLOOD?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with thrivingmom. I have recently started studing the bible in depth. I came a cross this same thing. The clean animals were for sacrifice bc that was what was needed for forgiveness and also to show praise. This of course was all before Jesus.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• . Science has already proven that a boat big enough for 30 million pairs of every animal on earth can't be built with the technology of that time. That there is not enough water on the surface of the planet or inside of it to flood the surface of earth to more than about 50 feet, which wouldn't even BEGIN to cover the thousand foot mountains. Creation, the great flood, the virgin birth are ALL myths and stories.

Matthew 19:26-But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• YOu are all looking at one passge and not the whole thing! How can he be told to take 2 pairs and then 7?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I do not believe the flood story literally happened, but it isn't really contradicting, it just sows bad writing, editing and translation skills, here is what Genesis 7:2 says:

Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Jun. 14, 2010