Bedwetting!!!!!,

Does anybody have any advice on how to get an 11 year old girl to stop wetting her bed at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• When I was a girl I used to bedwett if I ate dairy too close to bedtime. My oldest son is the same way. For my youngest son he wets the bed when he eats bread w/ preservatives(one hamburger will have him bedwetting for 6 to 7 days)
    Anonymous

• No eating or drinking 2 hours before bed, make her use the bathroom before bed and half way threw the night wake her up and have her go to the bathroom. Also talk to the doctor about it, maybe there is something wrong with her kidneys (happend to my cousins daughter) or she might be sleeping to hard to feel the sensation of having to use the bathroom!
    Anonymous

• The pediatrician told us the following: If mom OR dad were bed wetters, 50% chance child will wet the bed. If BOTH were bed wetters, the odds go up to 90%. Both my husband and I wet the bed until about age 10. In my case, it was because I was a VERY HEAVY sleeper. I even slept through a tree falling on our house during Hurricane Betsy in 1965. I was 5 at the time! Practically NOTHING will awaken our daughter. In the morning, I have to LITERALLY SHAKE her awake in order to get ready for school. We used a bed wetting alarm for her. That worked because it made such an ANNOYING NOISE that she had no choice but to wake up so that it would stop! Other thing we were told, bed wetting WILL STOP when periods START! Some hormonal thing I don't understand. She took desmopressin for months. That works. It is a hormone-type drug that signals the kidneys to NOT produce so much urine. Ask your doc! GOOD LICK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Get her Goodnites to wear. Its probably not intentional
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2010

• my 12 yr old son still wets the bed @ nite. they r doing tests on his kidneys now. he has been on a drug called ddavp which also helps.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 5, 2010

• Go to www.enularm.com and buy one of these, I promise it will help! I come from a family who manufactured these for years. My dad actually invented one of the first models years ago. Good luck!
    Xandrii

Answer by Xandrii at 1:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Ur retarted dakota
    Lucyd1229

Answer by Lucyd1229 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010