Pot pie made from leftover pot roast...?

Has anyone ever done this? I cooked a pork roast in the crockpot today with potatoes and carrots... There is alot left over, so I thought about making a pot pie with it tomorrow night. I have two frozen pie crust. So, would I just put the left overs in one pie crust, roll out the other pie crust and place it on top to bake?? I've never done this, so any help would be appreciated, lol. :)

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 6:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• that sounds delicious! on our pot pies we do one of these things for a crust

a package of jiffy mix ontop

a layer or two of puff pastry

i'm sure your idea will work too! I never do a bottom to my pies, guess i'm not that skilled.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Sounds good! I should do the same next week after roast.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 6:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Dice the meat, potatoes and carrots, add thawed green peas or mixed veggies if you want. Make a thicker gravy, add to the diced meat/vegetable mixture. Pour into the crust-lined pie plate, top with 2nd crust, crimp edges. Brush top crust with milk and bake until crust is golden brown, at .375° for 45 to 50 minutes. You may want to cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil if they turn golden brown before the rest of the crust.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Thanks so much michiganmom116 !!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 6:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2010