underwear

where are we suppose to wear are underwear during pregnacy i tend to wear my at my waist but my aunt keeps telling me to pull them up i dnt do it cuz i think i could be smooshin the baby they aint tight they are loose fittin and aslo she keeps tellin me my baby is gonna come out with a choker on her neck

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol i always wear my underwear low rise like super low on my hips... but i ALWAYS wear them like this... it does not change when im pregnant....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 6:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• nothing can smoosh the baby. you know that when you get to about 30 weeks they smoosh your stomach around to find the baby to check the heart rate. theres too much padding in there to smoosh it. i don't know much about underwear cause i don't own any and even though i'm 8 months preg i still don't wear them it sounds like your aunt is trying to get you into granny panties. you can wear them any way you want as long as you're comfortable
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My underwear was cut so that they went under my belly

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I wear bikini briefs... they go under the belly... I couldn't imagine trying to wear undies that reached my waist, especially during pregnancy, hell, my pants do hit my waist! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No offense, it sounds like your aunt is either joking with you or is a bit of a crackpot. A pregnant belly is designed to keep the baby extra padded and protected (within reason of course). If the fabric of your underwear is heavy enough to "smoosh" a baby, wouldn't your pants or shirt smoosh it as well? I wouldn't recommend wearing a corset, other than that, pretty much anything goes. If your panties get too tight and are uncomfortable or cutting into your skin, change them with a different kind.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i wore low cut bikini underwear when i was prego. but i always wear those because i have tiny hips. so undies weren't an issue with a pregnant belly. maybe you should try them. fruit of the loom makes a great fitting kind. and they're all cotton. they make great period panties too (for down the road of course)
    Anonymous

• I wear bikini briefs as well.... they go under the belly even when preggers.... I never pulled them up that would have been so uncomfortable!!! tell your aunt to mind her own undies and you ware what is comfortable for you!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Wear them where you feel comfortable. i personally felt best with thm below my pregnant belly, but many others feel more comfortable with the "granny panties" that go up to your arm pits. Why does your aunt even know what kind of panties you wear? Definitely not something my aunts would have asked me or my mother for that matter.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I wear llow rise underwear, but thats what I wore when I wasnt pregnant too. I don't think your underwear can 'choke" your baby lol
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I wore mens boxers, and gave them to my spouse after I delivered.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2010