what to say

it's been 13 months since we started TTC. I am calling first thing monday morning but i don't know what to say, "fix me i'm broken".

So please help me, what do I say when I call and then what do i say when i get there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• just say you would like to come in and maybe you would like to have some blood test done and see if anything is wrong because you have been trying for so long...tell them you are frustrated
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Have you tried charting your cycles? Once you get a handle on your cycles and can see what's going on there's so much you can learn--are you just not timing sex at the right time of your cycle, are you ovulating, do you have a short luteal phase, are you actually getting pregnant but are consistantly miscarrying early, etc. Once you can see where the problem is, its much easier to work with your doctor to fix it. For example, a short luteal phase doesn't give the fertilized egg enough time to implant, so a simple progesterone injection would lengthen your luteal phase allowing you to get pregnant. If you're having anovulatory cycles, they can give you something to help you ovulate. If you're timing sex for around day 14 of your cycle but don't ovulate until day 20, all you have to do is change when you have sex. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great place to start.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2010