how can I get rid of severe psoriasis?

I have had a severe outbreak of psoriasis, I am guessing it is caused by me being sick a couple of weeks ago combined with allergies. This happens to me alot, but this time it is covering my entire body. I have been to dermatologists in the pasts, who have given me cremes that do not work. I have tried coal tar, soaking in salt, gold bond powder, etc. I was wondering if someone had a home remedy that would work fast-I am going on vacation in 2 weeks and I can not go to the beach like this!

huffmanall4

Asked by huffmanall4 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Health

• If it's that bad, nothing over-the-counter will prob help much. I'd say go back to the derm--maybe some steroids.....just ask about going into the sun with any kind of topical med--sometimes you can burn more easily. Good luck, I know it's it's like torture!
    Anonymous

• My husband has had this head to toe all his life, the only thing that ever worked was methotrxate. But it is a powerful medication and they will not give it to women of childbearing age. Maybe if you have all ready had your tubes tied or something, I don't know your situation. You have to get full blood work before and go for labs once a month to make sure it's not causing any internal problems.
    Anonymous

• have you ever tried an elimination diet?
    i have heard of people that switched to all natural cleaning products and lost symptoms like psoriasis and asthma.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My sister has psoriasis and she has a shot that her husband gives her, no topicals ever helped. I would go back to the dermatologist - but since you're going to the beach, her derm. always told her that one of the best things for hers was to go out in the sun!

Answer by missanc at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My aunt did an elimination diet and found that she had issues with gluten. She also goes to tanning beds and swears it helps with hers. The diet isn't something you could do before your vacation, but if you can afford to go tanning once a day it can't hurt.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Organic, hexane-free coconut oil. Use it both topically and orally, works wonders. Sun can help somewhat but don't overdo it. Rid yourself of chemical-laden products and see if something in your diet is contributing to it as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on Jun. 14, 2010