For those of you who are used to flying on airplanes . .

This will be my 2nd time flying, the first time I was only twelve, so I really dont have much memory to the things im about to ask.

Now were going through Southwest Airlines, and My Hubby & I wasnt sure about a few things, so here it goes . .

I was told when it comes to liquid neccesaties, like shampoo nd what not, that the bottle had to be a certain size, if so, what size ?

And can we take our deoderant ?

Also, my son is 21 months old, so I know in order to keep him preoccupied were going to have to take some of his toys, mainly his favorites, which are hot wheels cars, will there be a problem with him bringing them ON the plane ?

Any other tips, advice or more things that I can/cannont bring, feel free to let me know :)
Thanks in Advance. Its very appreciated :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Travel

• i always fly jetblue because they have TV's for every seat.
    you can bring hot wheel cars.
    im not sure the exact bottle size, but its really small. i would just buy new shampoo and things wherever your going. you can bring stick deoderant, but not aresol can deoderant.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• try a standard travel size toiletries . . . I have traveled by plane my whole life and it is different with each airline. . . the toys should not be a big deal. SouthWest is pretty good about the carry-ons too so you should be able to stuff some fun things for you son in the diaper bag. . . or bag of your choice. . .
    Anonymous

• your allowed to bring full size shampoo and deodorant in your luggage you check in, but not as a carry on. the carry ons have to be small, like travel sized. and toys are not a problem i always bring my sons toys...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Oh, ok. thank all of you ladies so much . We just want to be prepared :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Toys are perfectly fine. The carry on liquid size is 1 ounce, in an original bottle. Stick deodorant is fine no matter what the size.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I believe the bottle size is limited to 3 oz., but you should be able to check here to find out what you need to know about bringing certain things onboard.  Also, if you travel with a portable DVD player, don't forget to bring some headphones for whoever is using it.  Some airlines are really strict about not offending other passengers with your programming (even if it's just the Wiggles).

Anonymous

• If you are checking luggage put your liquids (in zip locks) in your luggage. No limit on size that way. Southwest does not charge for checking luggage. If you are putting your liquids in a carryon the rule is -- one quart size zip lock bag filled with 3oz bottles of your liquids. The bottles must be 3oz size and just one zip lock per person. You will have to take your shoes off to go through security. So you will have a bin with your shoes, your carry ons and take your baggie of liquids out of your carry on and put it in the bin. Make sure all metal is in the bin also. You can also have a bottle and liquid medicines seperately. There is a family line if you have these items. Toys are fine.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:23 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• 3oz bottles for your liquids. Make sure to put them in a Ziploc type baggie and double bag it. They usually ask you to remove it from your baggage and put it seperate so they can check it.
    You can take a full sized deodorant. If its liquid deodorant then it needs to be 3oz or less as well.
    He can bring toys on the plane. As someone who has had a little one on a plane at least ten times I'd tell you if you think he might make a lot of noise with it or might throw it then leave it in the carry on and save it for the hotel. We didnt think about the noise factor and on our night ride home some of his toys became a big problem, even hot wheels can make a lot of noise if hes running them back and forward on the chairs of whatever. Books are good. If you have anything to play videos on, even an Ipod thats even better. We download Word World and cartoons from Itunes on our Ipod for him to watch and it helps. Have fun!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010