my husband falls asleep

my husband falls asleep a lot when i leave the kids with him for even a few minutes. i want to go back to school but cant trust him to stay awake. he gets so mad at me when i yell at him for it. but i cant have him sleeping while my toddler is running around, i mean he could hurt the baby or himself in a second. the kids are 3 weeks and 18 months. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Give him Red Bull.
    Anonymous

• Well, figure out why he's always falling asleep. Is he working and just overly tired from it? Is he depressed? Does he have some other sort of medical condition that makes it so he falls asleep a lot? I know my dad falls asleep randomly because he has apnea that has yet to be treated which makes him overly tired.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like your hubby may be doing drugs. SORRY! Does he fall asleep when your home? If so then he may have either a condision or drug like OC or herion.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other responses...try to find out what the problem is in the first place.... but other than that, you CAN NOT trust him. the answer is you need to find a sitter. no it's not fair, but you can't leave him alone with them. I have a 19 month old and a 5 week old, if my husband wasn't able to help, I wouldn't be able to do much. he's a SAHD and I'd never be able to go to work if all he did was fall asleep
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It's cause he's being lazy. Sorry if that sounds mean, but my dh and all of his friends that are dads do it. I don't know what to tell you, he's going to continue to do it while the kids are young, and when they get older, he'll just tell them to play by themselves. It's what lazy guys do.

Anonymous

• My husband does this but he works very hard and if he gets a minute to sit and relax, the man is snoring. When he is watching dd alone, he always does something with her... they color, go play outside, go for a walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2010