Yeah, it's uncomfortable, but...

I suppose today is just a bad day for me being a hormonal jerk, but it annoys me so much when pregnant women start talking about wanting to have the baby now/get an induction for no medical reason - and all because they're uncomfortable.

I understand uncomfortable. My belly is sore, it itches, my knees hurt, my hips hurt, my back hurts, I get constant headaches, all that fun stuff, but I'm PRAYING that my baby stays in for the next three months until she's due. My first didn't. My first came early and had some health problems because of it. I'm uncomfortable and I want to stay that way.

Does this make anyone else want to punch a bitch? Or am I really just THAT hormonal today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• maybe not punch them but shake them and say "what the hell is your problem!" ya being pregnant is not comfortable, but the health of my baby is more important to me.
    Anonymous

• I understand what you're saying, but I also know how it is to be extremely uncomfortable and tired of waiting. To actually take it to the point of wanting an induction for no reason is ridiculous, but to complain about wanting the baby out...I understand. My baby was transverse and at 9 lbs never dropped. He was stuck so up high and literally pressing onto my ribs to the point where I literally could not sit up at time. It was extremely painful, and sleeping was out of the question most of the time. It was hard at times to even breathe. So, I know how it is to be in pain constantly and want the baby out, but I never would have wanted it to the point of risking his safety or even attempting to get labor started on my own.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:19 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• yeah actually!!! pregnancy is not comfortable especially in the hot summer. . . but I wouldn't have dreamed of ending my pregnancy early opting for induction or something. . . I wanted a full term HEALTHY baby. . . and the whole 9 mo. is part of the baby experience! is it not?
    Anonymous

• yes you are being that hormonal. you know you say alot of stuff you don't literally mean when you're pregnant..... i have said i want the baby to come out plenty of times but of course i just waited until they were done lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with you.
    Anonymous

• i know what you mean. i just always thought they were kind of joking. i have had a preemie before too, he has no health problems now, thank God! having a baby in the nicu is so much harder than being uncomfortable in your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am with you. I had my son at 28 weeks. I would MUCH rather me be miserable that see my baby hooked up to machines for 3 months and have them almost die daily..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with you to an extent but I don't see anything wrong with trying safe natural methods to encourage labor. They aren't going to work if your body isn't ready anyways.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I especially get the urge to punch a bitch when I read the posts about women drinking castor oil. My dd was quite over-due, that last week was pretty rough, but never in a million years would I have risked her life just so I could be "comfy."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I agree! E very pregnancy, i actually get hairline fracture in my pelvic bone due to weight and pressure, but I deal with it! Never would I want hem out for my benefit while risking their health!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2010