Partial Hysterectomy or Tubal?

Yes I'm sure about getting a permanent solution done. what would you do? I didn't know that the partial was an option for birth control....is it?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had never heard of a partial being a form of birth control. I am not saying that it is not but I have never heard of it. I wouldn't have a partial done unless I needed one. It is not a fun surgery to recover from. My tubal was a breeze, I have a small incision under my belly button about an inch. I was back to myself in 2 days.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My cousin had a partial because she could die if she got pregnant again. They made a little cut in her belly button and a tiny one just below it. They removed the uterus through her vagina. She was back to work in a week.
    Anonymous

• I had both, a tubal ligation 7 years ago because we didn't want anymore kids, and a partial hysterectomy in March of this year because of endometriosis. I was fine within a few days of the tubal ligation, but it took a full six weeks to fully recover from the hysterectomy. A hysterectomy is major surgery and most doctors won't do them unless they're absolutely necessary.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I had Essure done. It can be done in office and there is no chance of self reversal like with a tubal. The problem with a hysterectomy is hormone lost.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am pretty sure hysterectomy will not be an option unless medically needed. Having a radical/complete hysterectomy last March it took weeks to recover (worse than a c-section recovery), it took almost a year to get back to normal energy levels and sex drive is barely there due to hormone levels. So definitely go for the tubal if your done adding to your family.

Anonymous

• I also had a complete hysterectomy done due to cancer,I don't think they would do that for birth control- a tuble *YES*-not even a partial,and I have to take hormon pills to blance out. You don't want that unless its an emg. You need your hormons for a sex drive,which is gone with a hysterectomy
    Anonymous

• I still have my sex drive because I still have my ovaries. Regardless, a doctor won't do a hysterectomy unless there is a medical reason and birth control is not a reason for a hysterectomy.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:59 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Your right/ with your OVARIES you have your sex drive in tact, when they take your *ovaries* out as they do with a complete hysterectomy- you have to go on Esrogen,and you lose you sex drive. Mine was done for OVARIAN CANCER.- not for birth control.I don't think a doctor would do that for birth control, and I don't think you would want to go through all that.
    Anonymous