Is there anything wrong with having a baby shower for your 3rd child??

I am due in early oct with another girl and wasnt thinking I was gonna have a shower but I am having alot of ppl ask if I am or not.....I was just wondering what others thought...my last chile was born in the summer so I tec have stuff but deff need stuff....whats your thoughts?

emilysmama05

Asked by emilysmama05 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why not? If people are asking, and want to come then go for it! I have heard of people having them for every child, just not as big and extended as the 1st baby shower. Keep it small and with certain close friends and family!
    Anonymous

• In my opinion, if someone doesn't like it or is offended they just don't come or don't give you a gift, however saying that, it looks better when someone else gives you the shower versus you giving it for yourself. Maybe a family member or good friend could help you out with that?
    trenakay

Answer by trenakay at 8:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I think most people don't by the third kid-esp if you already have a child of the same sex. I wouldn't throw yourself one-but if someone wants to give you one then I guess it's ok.
    Anonymous

• At our church we throw one for every baby born! WHY NOT! I mean if you come as a guest, grab up a 10 or 15 dollar gift to help out the family and to show your support and excitement for the new addition!

i am pregnant with my 3rd and I had a shower with my first, second and know I will have one with this one too!

I dont expect people to spend loads of money! Even a pack of diapers is nice...but the nicest part is know your child is important to your friends and family no matter if its your first or third they are still loved and important :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I agree with trenakay...if someone else could host it, that would probably cut the criticism. In my opinion, no, nothing wrong with it. Especially if a few people are asking you about it. I thought about having one for my second, and just never got around to it. It had nothing to do with gifts because my first was only 18 months before this one. There was still so much that I had and I was smart and saved things...plus both are boys. So this second shower would really have been a little celebration about the birth of my second son. I didn't even care if people got me anythings because there was so much I had. Anyone who asked....DIAPERS
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OH I wanted to add that this third baby was not a surprise, we were trying, but after our third we were SURE we were finished...lol...so I gave a lot of stuff away. I basically have a baby bed and thats it!

So I really could use a little help from our church family :) It would be nice anyways...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• ihad one with my first and then i just used that stuff for the other 2. people did buy me gifts when they came to visit which was nice, but i don't think i needed a whole baby shower
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with having a shower for every baby. I think that there should be a shower for every baby. A shower is not just about gifts - it's about celebrating the new addition to the family. You don't need to be registering for new carseats and big ticket items (unless it's been a while), but some new outfits, diapers, blankets, keepsakes - why should only the first baby get new things? Every baby deserves to be celebrated in their own right!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I don't see ANYTHING wrong with it at all. Each baby is fresh and new so why shouldn't the baby be showered with fresh and new things.

I do not believe in throwing your own shower though. I think that's INCREDIBLY tacky because then instead of a host asking people to come join her in showering the new baby with gifts you are asking people to bring you gifts. It comes off rude. That's JMO though.
    Anonymous

• My church ALWAYS throws showers for EVERY SINGLE pregnant women NO MATTER the sex of the baby, the circumstances surrounding the mother or anything else.

We have a BLAST, make keep sakes (advise cards, scrap books with the stuff from the shower, etc), play games, eat and enjoy each others company. The mother of course always recieves TONS of gifts but some people come who don't bring gifts too.

I think the old idea that each pregnancy doesn't deserve a shower is just that....OLD.

If someone offers you a shower then LET THEM THROW YOU ONE!
    Anonymous