What kind of shampoo would I use for extremely oily and flat hair?

I can wash my hair in the morning and by night it looks oily. My hair also is so flat. I have tried using Dawn dish detergent, the shampoo that is suppose to remove junk from it (can't think of what it is called, I think it is clarifying).
I am at my wits end with this, I 've had it all my life, I have to get perms every year because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• When my hair gets oily through these hot humid days, I put some baby powder on my hands, flip my head upside down and touch my roots. That helps some. But I have found the cheap old Suave brand to work just the same as the expensive ones. As for flat hair, I have just accepted it. When I cut my hair to a shorter stacked like bob, and inverted bob actually, I have found it to look it's best. It's stacked in the back and the front is cut at an angle. I also have to use a curling iron on it though, since my hair is stick straight and doesn't look good unless the ends are curled under.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• And, when I used a lot of styling products (which I actually found to make the problems with my hair worse) I used a spoonful of baking soda in the shampoo. Like once a week. But the less I use in my hair the less problems I have with it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You might be better off going "no poo". Try washing your hair with a paste made from baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2010