Would you accept the invite?

If you are a Christian, would you accept an invite from a Pagan to a religious ceremony? If not, would you expect a Pagan to accept your invitation to church?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I didn't know anything about Pagans but no I would not. I would not expect a Pagan to except my invitation either.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• why not? I think it's good to being open to a wide range of religions-just for the cultural aspect. I think it helps teach tolerance and acceptance and who know, you might learn something new. They aren't asking you to covert...be open minded and enjoy the new experience.
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian and involved with weekly church - my child attended private Christian School. I think, just because you go to a ceremony, does not mean you are worshiping the way that they do. I think it is important to be educated about how other worship so you are better able to witness. Now saying that, if you think you would be offended with how they worship then I would not go.
    trenakay

Answer by trenakay at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i think it would depend on what it was for, but i probably would not go and i probably would not invite them to anything in my church either (unless it was my wedding or something really special like that)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• if i ever were a christain.. yes, i would accept an invitation.. everyone got pagan all wrong. it's not 'devil worshippers' it actually is a religion based on mother nature and the female and male body [if i'm wrong about something, i am sorry, but i do know for a fact they are not devil worshippers those are satanism]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 8:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No I would politely decline. Im weird about those things and some churches even weird me out.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm willing to bet most will say "No!". But yet want others to remain open to their "witnessing".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• no to both.
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm not Catholic but I've attended plenty of baptisms and first communions for people's children. And weddings outside my faith too. If it's a family event/ ceremony, the important thing is being there for your family/ friend. Not the religious difference.

Are you able to be an attendee and not participate? There is nothing contradictory to anyone's faith to respect another's belief without participating.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:09 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• no, i have walked the pagan path, so i would not go to a pagan religious ceremony. would i invite a pagan to church? yes if i thought they were open to it...would i be upset or badger them if they said no.... nope.
    Anonymous