Taking my 2 year old to the movies??

My daughter just turned 2 in May and we were wanting to take her to see Toy Story 3 as her first movie (She loves toy story). She can sit through movies at home no problem. She gets up now and then but does well. Maybe if I take her and buy some popcorn for her to snack on she will sit the whole time?? I dunno whats your opition??

Mellooza

Asked by Mellooza at 9:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd sit in the back row, on the end, and be prepared to leave early. I doubt your child would be able to sit thru a 1.5 hour movie without disturbing others, but can definitely give it a try! Make sure she is not hungry or tired when you take her, and if she starts to get a little restless, you can always take her to the lobby so she can stretch her legs a bit.

Good luck! Sounds like a lot of fun!! :-)
    Anonymous

• my first two kids went to a movie at that age. they did great! my twins will not even watch a movie at home yet, so we may wait untill they are 3!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I'm in the same boat! My son just turned two in Feb. and I really want to take him to see toystory. Whats the worst that you have to do, walk out? Just like above posts said, sit in the back and and go into the lobby if needed. and YES popcorn or some kind of treat sounds like a great idea! GL and have fun, I hope its a good movie!
    Vegetarianmama

Answer by Vegetarianmama at 9:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I see no problem with it considering it's a kid's movie. If you were talking about taking her to something not meant for little ones, then I'd say no, don't do it because it sucks to be disturbed in the theater during some movies. But I can't get annoyed when it's a kid's movie that kids that age actually belong at!
    Anonymous

• if she loves toy story at home, she'll love it at the movies.....we took my 2 yr old dd to see shrek the final..and she sat through it all! take into consideration, that it'll probably be parents with younger kids going and seeing this movie, so it's not going to bother them if you have to get up with your lo....again, if it's something she loves, she'll probably sit through it at the movies..my dd only got up once during the whole movie, and she was still watching it....we packed lots of snacks she liked in the diaper bag..and bought some coke and popcorn when we got there..snacks are a must! lol good luck..we're talking about taking dd to see it too, but idk how she'll do with this one lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:41 AM on Jun. 14, 2010