Have you suffered from Sexual Abuse?

Statistics state that 1 in every 3 woman are sexually abused at some point in time in their lives.
And it is twice as likely for a female to develop PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) then it is men.

To answer my own question, i was sexually abused as a child and now suffer from PTSD. Just curious how many "normal" woman out there that might be like me. Seems like i'm alone sometimes but if the statistics are accurate it seems like there should be a whole lot more!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was sexually abused by my foster mother when i was 9 years old. i have panic attacks once in a while. I'm still trying to convince myself what happened was not my fault.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was raped at 15... Is that "sexual abuse" or is that a different category?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• yes... PTSD is pretty bad, too... of course, my way of coping is to have control over the same things i didn't have control over at that point. kind of interesting, actually.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was raped when I was nine years old. I was in a toxic relationship that included sexual abuse. And I was raped again at age 19. And yes, I developed PTSD because of it all.

My way of coping with it is intense exercise.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Yes Sabrina, that is sexual abuse.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was sexually assualted when she was 5.. shes 6 now.. is that considered a victim? cuz i sure feel like a victim
    Anonymous

• Im very sorry for all of you who have encountered such things. But I was molested by step father when I was 5, up until I hit 5th grade, then He raped me, I was then raped by an [ex) Boyfriend at age 16, I to have PTSD and I cope by trying to help others, and trying to control as much of my life as I can .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was sexually abused by three friends of the family (at different times) from ages 3 through 7. When I was 19 I was the victim of date rape. Because of the abuse, plus verbal and physical abuse will growing up, I developed PTSD at a very young age. But, didn't even realize PTSD was until my early 20's. I ended up coping in very unhealthy ways for many years, but in my thirties I saw a therapist who specialized in childhood trauma and she helped me a lot. Now I cope with meditation, exercise, writing and art.
    Anonymous

• I was molested by my uncle Joe when I was 7yrs old and then again when I was 15 by my uncle Adam. I don't know if I have PTSD but my sexual abuse definatly effects my relationship and I deal with it all the time. I associate sex with love but I'm in a solid and very good relationship which is helping me to see the difference.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Luckily, no, I haven't suffered from sexual abuse.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010