not a question really...i would just like to say...

I finally started my PERIOD! YAY!!!!!!!!!! It's been years since i've had my period but i finally got it after a year of being off depo! Hopefully this means we can have a baby soon!

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Health

• awesome! congrats.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• How long did it take? I was on depo for 5 1/2 years. I got my last dose in Oct and was due for my nest dose in Dec but didnt get it. I had very light sorta like break threw bleeding in early May that only lasted a couple days but nothing since then. We want a baby and now would be the perfect time!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was on depo for 4 yrs and my last shot was last June. My OB had to give me some medicine to actually get it started and it helped me get it started. I just started Lightly bleeding yesterday morning but today has been pretty heavy like it was before i ever went on depo...i just hope i can have normal periods again. I have another OB appt. Wednesday. Have you been to you doc at all Mrsmamaj?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• No I havent gone into the OB yet because I read on the depo website it could take up to 18 mths, so I wasnt too worried about it yet... but maybe I should get into talk to someone! Thanks
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• It took me 18 months to get my period back after I went off depo years ago, it is normal, but a pain if you want to ttc. Congrats I hope you get pregnant soon!!!
    Anonymous

• thanks yall
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• LOL I hadn't had a period in like 2 years, and I was NOT happy. Haha... We are trying for another one, too, but still. Periods are no fun... =( haha
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 5:01 AM on Jun. 14, 2010