How and what age did you stop giving your baby breastmilk/formla?

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 year
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• at 12 months i stopped. i did cold turkey but mostly bc i had another one on the way. this time i might try weaning since she is the last one
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing. Like how would you stop formula. I stopped nursing my son at 3 months because he just got used to the breast milk in a faster flowing bottle. So I had to start formula because I couldn't pump enough.
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• son had breastmilk for about 72 hours, then formula. At 11 months/2 weeks old I began adding a few tablespoons here and there to his formula and the week after his 1st bday it was a 50/50 mix. By 13mos he was milk only.

daughter only ever nursed 1 time, then formula. She was 13, maybe 13 1/2 months and we went cold turkey.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Formula - 1 year Breastfed - 2 months
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding, you can continue as long as both mother & baby want to. The World Health Organization suggests a minimum of 2 yrs for breastfeeding.
    Formula you stop at one year and usually start giving whole cows milk. How to switch? Simple. Only formula in the bottle, only cows milk in the cup. At or around baby's first birthday start eliminating one bottle every few days. At the same time start offering milk in a cup at meal times. In a few weeks baby will be off bottles/formula and having cups of milk.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• 10 months off of formula; 2nd child adopted @ 3; 12 months off of formula; 3 months off of BM 14 months off of formula; 14 months off of BM, she weaned herself :(
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:53 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• 9 1/2 or 10 mos we switched to milk. I couldn't afford the formula and the ped said it was okay because her iron levels were high enough.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My first was Formula fed til 11 mon (when we lost wic)
    My second was BF til 6.5mon and formula fed til 12mon. (stopped BFing due to bad advice)
    My Baby is 22 months and we just weaned @ 19mon and 14 days. I allowed him to self wean
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 10:07 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• When they self weaned. With my first that was when my second pregnancy changed it to colostrum and he didn't like it (he was about 18 months). With my second about a month ago and she was 35 months old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2010