Wanting another baby?

I know people say they miss being pregnant. I always thought that was crazy. Now my son is 5 months old and there's NO way I would have another baby right now. But lately I'm getting this feeling of missing being pregnant. I don't miss having a small baby around, I just miss being pregnant. Maybe because it gave me something to do with preparing, or maybe it made me feel needed. I don't know. Anyone else get this feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• my little girl is 4 and i loved loved being preg. i want to be sooo bad again i wish i could be preg for a long time just the feeling you have inside you of being needed, the feeling of them moving its sooo magical
    Anonymous

• my second is almost 4 months old. Even though the last 2 months of my pregnancy i bitched everyday about being uncomfortable, etc. and the labor was crazy- I want another one and miss being pregnant. If I can remember correctly, it was around 4 or 5 months that I started feeling that way with my first. Just wait a few more months- once baby starts crawling/walking/climbing the idea of another baby becomes easier to put on hold (oldest kid 2 years older than baby). I definately think I will have another- but not until baby is almost 3!!
    Anonymous

• no, i don't like being pregnant at all so i never missed it. i know women on the other hand who just adore being pregnant moreso than after the baby comes out. the only thing i liked about being pregnant was i didn't get my period, but now i have an iud and that's going away too (without getting fat and aches and tired constantly) lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Nope! I don't miss being pregnant. I love being a Mom and that horrific experience is totally justified in the end. I had baby fever when my LO was 10 mos old. We are in the middle of the terrible two's and I don't want another anytime soon. I do want another child, but being pregnant is something that is necessary to bring that about.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My pregnancies are hell on earth. They are dangerous enough for me to stop after this one (child number 2).
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well, my son is almost 9 months and while I don't miss being pregnant at all, lol, I would like another baby. However, at the same time I want to give him my undivided attention for a while before I have another baby. Still, if I got pregnant, I'd be excited! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• lol, I'm pregnant right now, and can't wait to get this kid out. I seriously do not like being pregnant. I do love having the little baby to hold in my arms and cuddle up against me, that I love. The part to produce the baby, that is fun...

but in between all that, no I don't enjoy it much.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:17 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I am 9 months pregnant and LOVE being pregnant. I will miss it, but I can't wait to meet my son. I usually start wanting another when my baby is around 18-24 months. I don't like mine that close though, so I wait a little longer. This is number 5 for us, so we're not sure if we're done or if we'll want one more in a couple of years.
    Anonymous

• UGH! I can't imagine EVER wanting to be preggo again! It was HORRIBLE! Look up PUPPP. =) I had it horribly. But I do hear this from many women whose pregnancies were more mild. I think they're crazy, but I suppose maybe I'll understand when I have another.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• yes! I didn't want another baby I just wanted to be pregnant with my son again. I don't know it's the weirdest thing ever!
    Anonymous