Why did you want to have kids?

I'm talking about wanting to try to get pregnant, not why did you give birth after getting pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• My first pregnancy was unplanned, but turned out to be a complete blessing! We are now trying for a baby 6 years later because I love my son and he wants a sibling and I want a big family. I grew up 1 out of 5 children and loved it!
    Anonymous

• i was being selfish with wanting my son.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• although, now i'm married and like anon i want my son to have siblings and we are prepared. We have been prepared for the last year.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I loved having siblings, and I've always loved children and wanted to be a mother. So I guess I DECIDED to have kids because I really love them, and I'll CONTINUE to have kids because it's such a great experience to raise my son and I'm excited to see it continue and multiply.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I honestly couldn't tell you why LOL.. I have 3 and wouldn't trade them for the world but still have no idea what prompted us to start having kids.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I never had my own. But I knew I wanted to adopt because I grew up next to a foster home and watched kids come and go all my life. Only I didn't want to become a foster parent because I didn't want to give them back. I had seen children go back into abusive situations and I knew I couldn't handle that. Little did I know.....
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I wanted babies...I love babies!! and when I was young I was doing ok married to a decent man and he had a wonderful family.
    All i was thinking about was babies and having little kids with my husband.
    I never thought for once he would turn out to be so mean that I had to leave him and struggle to be a single parent unable to store money into savings and so busy working I never taught the kids to cook or do dishes. They are teens now and can't do anything, they are way more costly then babies and have more needs and theres college!! which is more then having the money for tution
    Then I met my 2nd husband who I thought was a family man and he talked me into another child and marriage.....I think alot about how I should have waited or maybe not been so sellfish and careless
    Anonymous

• I had my babies because I was ready to start a family with my husband, they're 5 and 4 now. I split from my husband a year ago but it had nothing to do with the pressure/stress of being a parent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I never wanted any, until I met my spouse (I was past thirty)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I am prego with # 5 and I wanted kids because when you are mariied I believe that sex is for procreation, plus children are the light of a family! Mine will know how much they were wanted because I can explain my plan for all of them :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 14, 2010