at what age should you put away the crib?

my twins are now 2 and a half and climb in and out of their cribs all day but at night they stay in them till I go get them up in the morning. the cribs do convert into toddler beds but I am not sure if they need that yet?

merla22

Asked by merla22 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The first time my son climbed out of his crib I switched to the toddler bed, I didnt want him to get hurt climbing in and out. He was around 2 years old. I would say they are ready!
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 2.5 and she still sleeps in her crib. My daughter does not climb out at all. I think if they love the crib, let them stay. I do not think she will ever let me take it down.
    Anonymous

• as soon as they can get out, get them in bigger beds. if they were to fall out they can really get hurt. i wouldn't trust them to be in there over night, what if one of them fell out and you slept through it?
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• all three of my kids were out by 1 yr. once walking, bye, bye crib!.. use a gate to keep them in their room incase they wake up and make sure there room is child proof
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• We moved my daughter out of her crib at 21 months and she loves her toddler bad. Its princess and she loves to sleep and lounge in it. It helps her feel like a big girl. I think it was one of the best things that I have done!
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• when my daughter learned to climb the crib was gone. I didn't want my daughter falling in and out of her crib and ending up with any possible broken bones or worse. (about 14 months old).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My dghtr is 2 and still sleeps in her crib. She doesn't climb out at this time. When she starts I will convert to a bed but will use the guard rails.
    Anonymous

• As soon as they climb out or the crib or at two.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My son's crib was converted to his toddler bet at 17 months because he was climbing out. We figured if he was going to get out then we needed to make it safe.
    I would just convert your cribs... because they choose not to get out in the morning probably means they won't anyway if it's a toddler bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• i convert at 14 monthes! 2 is a little old in my opinion! Seems dangerous!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2010