Is Your Husband a Mama's Boy?

I feel so sorry for my sister. Whatever his mom will say to him he jumps. What I think is, your husband is to join his wife and leave he mother. Do you ladies agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my hubby is a mommas boy too. he lived with her until we got married and then he moved in with me. never been on his own.... sad
    Anonymous

• no i don't agree. You should always be able to have a nice relationship with your family.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Absolutely agree, though I like that he has a good relationship with his whole family. He is so not a mama's boy, though.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Shay1130 my sisters mother-in-law is not a nice person. It is his place to tell his mother to back off and he does not. This man is 42 years old. His mother ask me what I was doing in her son's house, I told her I was here to help with the baby. Who is she?
    Anonymous

• Mine is a mama's boy too... he would do anything for his mother. She is not a problem very often, though. She treats me really well and doesn't require a lot of my husband. Funny though, that it is said that a man wants to marry a woman like his mother, yet when we ask them to do something, they don't jump up and do it. It takes weeks of nagging. lol
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well i know nothing about your family or personal life. I just know that i would never expect my husband to "leave" his mother. If his mother ask him for something i expect that he better go over there and do exactly what she ask. I wouldnt have it any other way. I would hate for my child to grow up and rid me of his life.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• OMG that is so true, neebug3766!! that is what my sister will say all the time to him!!
    Anonymous

• Shay she does not mind, but he needs to stand up for his wife. Maybe I should have explained it better when I posted it.
    Anonymous

• No, thank goodness! Although his way of dealing with his mom for years was basically to duck and cover and let the storm blow over. Over the years he has gotten better at standing up to his parents, who tend to make a lot of unrealistic and unfair demands (for instance, they expected him to miss the birth of our third child to go to his brother's wedding in another country- when he said no, they bought him a plane ticket anyhow, and when he still said no they would not speak to us for several months.) I don't think the son should have to 'leave' his mother- but I do think after marriage and children, the husband's priority should be his wife and children. My ILs actually lectured dh by saying his 'priorities are out of order' because he puts the kids ahead of them, and I think that's a terrible thing to put on a husband/father! And I'm glad dh disagrees and puts the kids first!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• My husband is a "momma's boy" but I love that... But there is no wife vs mother stuff going on here (which i notice is common in CM) .. I love my MIL very much & really like that my husband can go to his mom to talk about things if he cant talk about them with me.. Id prefer it be the woman who raised him than some guy friend at a strip club or something.. What other female should know my hubby better than me than his mom! (OK there is about 3 woman who probably know dh as well which is the other female relatives that helped raised him.)
    I think how a guy treats his mother is important.. The mom is the first opinion of woman.. If a guy cant respect his mom, then how can he respect woman in general? (I understand there is acceptions when the mom is white trash or whatever- but even then a guy should understand respect!!!! Dont forget who helped make your hubby who he is today! Good or bad!!! )
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 14, 2010