is right that my son's father has not told his family about him yet my son is a week and half old. throughout the entire pregnancy he said he would tell them but never has.

the only person in his family that knows is his aunt. and i was the one that called and told her. he tells what is the big deal and blah blah. personally i feel he is ashamed of the baby because of our family differences. he says his grandma is a christian and thought christian are those that are suppose to forgive and not mistreat or deny a child because of adult issues. how should i feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• That is a sin, ans sick to boot! I hope you are a wise woman and leave you know he wont want rights cause then he would have to let the cat out of the bag! lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Is he married to someone else?
    Anonymous

• nope
    Anonymous

• Does he talk to the other members of his family regularly or are they estranged? If they are estranged I wouldn't feel bad. My DD never met her father's dad. Why? Because when my fiance, (her dad) was a little boy, his father would beat him and his mom, and he hasn't talked to his dad much since his mom left his father. I see no reason to let him meet her and my fiance feels the same way.

If they talk regularly, I would really sit down and talk with him though. There is a reason then why, and he should be honest with you and his family.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• That's definitely not right, and I wouldn't like that one bit. I'm sorry for your situation.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• Well, my sons are 18, 20 & 27, and I would be devastated if they had a child.....no matter what the situation, and I didn't know. That would be my grandchild, I might be disappointed in my son's choices,but I would love my grandchild, and want to be part of their life from the beginning. He is also depriving his child of the opportunity to bond with those family members and have an extended family.

I don't know what his reasoning is, if he is ashamed as you think, then he is being very unfair to all concerned. If he isn't serious about your relationship, he's still in the wrong, because that child is family no matter what. The only thing that would be right, is if there was abuse as xxhazeldovexx said, but that would be limited to the abusers.

All you can do is love your child, and decide if this is really the guy you want to be with....... Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• So do the job for him. Then cut him lose.
    Anonymous

• Have you met his family? My exboyfriend before my husband made excuse after excuse for me not to meet his family who only lived 45 minutes away and come to find out it was because he had a wife and was hiding it. Sounds fishy to me.
    Anonymous

• This is just a bad situation. WHY did you want to have a baby with this jerk? And you're notmarried....sigh......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• It's not right. If you are currently in a relationship with this guy you should tell him to either tell his family or you're gone. If that doesn't work you should tell them yourself. In a way I do feel it's his responsibility to tell his family but if he isn't willing to do that his family still has a right to know that there is another member of that family - your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2010