disipline

i got a question what do you do with your daughter when she steals from her brother. Im not sure what I should do for some disipline or do i just need to talk to her or what?

bulldogatkins

Asked by bulldogatkins at 10:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Talk to her and then make her give something she treasures to her brother (even if it is only temporary - it is still punishment). That should get the message across loud and clear.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• ooh I like that one- I do it to my kids! Wanna take your brothers Iron Man? well he gets your googly eyes beanie frog. Ha!
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 7:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• DISCIPLINE.
    Be the boss, not a friend. Be the authority figure at home and punish the kid....she should never steal from anyone. Sorry, but if she is stealing from her brother,she is dishonest and doesn't recognize the difference between right and wrong. She needs to know she has to work for everything....not steal it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Definitely discuss this with her. I agree with the pp - she is being dishonest and that is not acceptable. When my boys do something I feel is a detriment to their overall character as a person or the man they are becoming - I explain to them plain as day. I tell them how it will effect their life over time, provide different examples while what they did may seem small I show other consequences then tell them I'm disappointed in them. (Being disappointed with my children goes a long way, because I always tell them how proud of them I am) When they apologize for their actions I accept it, but I also tell them I hope they have apologized to themselves because they are the ones they are hurting most by what they have done. May sound a little weird but it works for me.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2010