herpes

My husband cheated on me almost a year ago ..Well the other night after we had sex i woke up to go to the bathroom and low and behold i had a breakout i never knew i had it he claims hes never broke out and has not slept with anyone sence then is it posible to have a breakout or whatever almost a year later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Health

• yes it is possible... i would go get tested and see what is going on
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• I've read that you can have a breakout for the first time up to 7 years after you actually contracted herpes. So yes, it's definitely possible.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I don't have herpes but I know people who do. It can take years to come out just like HPV. Valtrex is the med to keep it under control. Go see a Dr.
    Anonymous

• Op here...I'm really embarrassed to go see my Dr to even speak out loud that i have this .....Just shows the kind of person he slept with because i found out he cheated when i went to the Dr and he called and said i had Trick and a bacteria infection...

Anonymous

• Yes it is. I'd see a doctor anyway. They see this stuff all the time. He can give you a prescription to take for whenever it flares up again. You can also get further testing just in case you have something. Herpes can remain dormant in your body for a long time before you have a breakout. Sorry this happened to you, but you have to think of your health over your pride.
    Anonymous