my son's dd has excuses why he cannot do anything for him. is it bullshit or is he right?

i just gave birth to my son a week and a half ago. im living with my parents til i can start back working and finish up my last semester of college. my parents dislike my son's father. they do not want him to come to the house to see the baby. but anywhere else he is welcome to see his son. he constantly use that as an excuse why cannot do anything for the baby and he rubs it in and make me feel bad. but he is not trying as a man to find a place for us to be a family. he is waiting on me to do everything. when the baby was born i asked him could he just buy diapers. and he said yes he would bring them to the hospital before i get discharged. he came to the hospital but no diapers he said he left them in the car and never brought them back. throughout the entire pregnancy he promised he would help buy things but he didnt do anything at all. i bought mostly everything along with gifts i got at my baby shower. let him go or what

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you have your answer. He didn't so anything before the baby and still not doing anything for you or the baby now.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:54 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• he doesn't sound like he's there for you now, so why would you have a future with this man?
    it WONT CHANGE!
    Anonymous

• Get child support and get rid of him! This man obviously does not want to share the responsibility for the child he helped to create. Your parents realize that he is just another deadbeat dad. Get legal counsel and make sure he pays child support.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2010

• You can be the only one to make that choice. He better step up he is a daddy. He helped making this baby and can now help you take care of this baby.
    Anonymous

• Hes a dead beat. I would just go file for child support and say to hell with it. If you have a very strong desire for and think his family would like to be in the child's life, tell them yourself. He never brought those diapers, hun...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Yes, let him go. He isn't there for you or your child. It's not likely to change by allowing his behavior. Your situation sounds a lot like my cousin. My aunt and uncle do not like her ex-boyfriend and were always interferring because she lived at home. She has to lie to her mom when she sees her daughter's father and together they decided on a child support and visitation schedule which her parents know nothing about. The difference is that my cousin's ex sees his daughter, gives my cousin money and when my cousin needs things for the baby her ex will bring her shopping.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• Loser...concentrate on baby and you.
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 3:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I say let him go. Sounds like you'd be taking care of HIM if you stayed. Just leave him and worry about you and the baby. It will be a lot easier. Get him for child support, too. GL
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:58 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• I am trying to figure out why the two of you choose to have a baby.

File for child support and move on with your life.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2010

• That is BS My husband takes care of our newborns at night with all of them b/cause I have a sleeping disorder and have to take meds! Plus He helps with changing, feeding, and all other duties! He is a full time soldier and does not have excuses why should your man? And to those who want to comment on me taking meds for it, i have a heart condition that effects my sleep, and so does the meds I take, so please dont give an opinion!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 14, 2010